So today the sun was shining for the first time in weeks and I was excited to have an opportunity to run outside-major downfall, the wind was blowing 25mph! This meant I was destined to use the treadmill and another chance to try out my new shoes.
Maybe it is me but I just can't find the right running shoes! I like my new ones because my toes don't go numb when I run but the fronts of my calves hurt so bad when I wear them, sometimes I can't even finish the run. Now this could be related to weight overload and form but I want a magic pair of shoes that will just convert me into a "runner". The pain feels similar to shin splints but this is muscle pain. Being a nurse and all, I pulled out the text books to determine exactly what it is that is hurting. I discovered it is a muscle called the tibialis anterior. I have good intentions of finding a way to stretch it and more research as to what causes the pain...to be continued...
I am still focusing on breathing through my nose but it is becoming more of a natural instinct. I do however, need to remember to bring tissues with bc it is allergy season.
This weeks goal is stretching before and after running. I am terrible at remembering to do this and am afraid I will end up with an injury.
No comments:
Post a Comment