Spontaneous trip to Chicago...Cramped in the van for hours...walked for 6 hours and miles and miles put a little damper on my "rest day". A bold move I made; decided to run anyway even though the quads were killing me. I was disappointed in myself for almost giving up last week and pushed to get this run in.
I had a 2 legged running partner today, Rick decided to join me (I kind of begged him). I forget how fast he walks and developed shin splints in the first 12 minutes. I wanted to be such a show off and show him what I have been accomplishing but that back fired. I wasn't able to complete the last 10 minutes of the RUN...I walked and he ran on ahead. I was impressed for someone who hasn't trained at how well he did.
I blame a portion of not completing the run on the fact that the week is a tough one and that my rest day wasn't much of a rest. I intend to redo this week, in order to give my body the opportunity to perform at the level I know it is capable of.
No comments:
Post a Comment