Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Week 4 Day 3

Another beautiful FALL day, November 18th...sun is shining and it was 48 degrees out. Perfect for me. I really didn't want to run today-I have a headache and am lacking serious motivation. Looking back on it, I am so happy that I ran bc I actually feel much better mentally.

I have noticed spectacular improvement in my lung function/volume for those nurses reading up-HA! I only start to get out of breath the last 10-12 minutes of the run and I can usually paint a mental picture to slow my breathing down. Starting to second guess my shin splints though. I still love the shoes but after stretching my tibialis anterior daily, I am still unable to complete the run. Tonight I made it 22 minutes before I just couldn't push anymore. I am going to talk to a trainer I know and see what she recommends and also see if there are any apparatus' that I can purchase to ease the pain and allow me to complete my run.

Any advice is more than welcome!!

No comments:

Post a Comment