So I am starting another week of C25K...week 3 of a 9 week program. Still going strong and looking forward to every run.
Another beautiful day for an outside run with Old Faithfuls...not really getting the opportunity to give the new shoes a chance for me to love them. Treadmill vs outside...hhhmmm tough choice. I decided no dogs today just me and my iPod playing DJ Steveboy. The podrunner intervals are great for a beginner runner. They offer a tone for when to start running and when to stop to condition your body at a slow pace and build up.
The scale provided me with a nice little surprise as well...I am down 5 lbs in 3 weeks. I have been more careful about what I eat but I think the running is definitely contributing.
So my goals...nose breathing-check, stretching prior to and after running-not check. Stretching is going to continue to be my goal for this week. I am getting through 2/3 of my run before the shin splints get really bad. I ran through them and put my legs up and iced for about 20 minutes. Repeat after me "I WILL STRETCH PRE AND POST RUN FOR THE NEXT 6 WEEKS!"
No comments:
Post a Comment