Today was a brisk day and I was anxious to try out my new shoes so I ran on the treadmill. They are super light weight and the soles are fluorescent orange. Love the looks of them!
The shoes gave me a new confidence in my running ability; a little too much perhaps. I was able to run/walk 23 minutes before the shin splints kicked in. I am aware that I was going to fast for my legs but was able to keep up with breathing through my nose. I need to grasp some patience and accept that I am not going to be able to just up and take off running for miles. I did make it a mile and a half today; half way to my 5k goal.
Continued reminders to myself to STRETCH prior to and after running! I can't get this concept in my head which bothers me because I have been playing sports all my life and have always stretched. I will get it, I owe it to myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment