It's been a week since I blogged. I have completed 2 runs since but I didn't take the time to blog them (sorry followers). I just don't have the motivation or give a damn to workout. Lots of self talk as well as talking with others to determine things to get the mojo flowing....this is what I tried today....hopefully having this base line will help me to continue to maintain and have the desire to decrease my time.
Back to today's walk, another day on the dreadmill. I approached it with a positive attitude that I would complete the 4 miles. I came prepared; Nook, TV remote and cell phone in hand. :oP I completed my 5 minute warmup as usual and began reading, before I knew it I had completed 2 miles and was getting bored with the reading.
My body was getting bored with the pace so every so often I would increase my speed. This of course made me sweat...I truly HATE to sweat (no matter what my sister tells me, I still hate it!) I was already stripped down to my sports bra in the frigid basement. A pulse check was probably in order but it didn't matter I was on a mission here. Literally, salty liquid was beginning to drip off of my body, slide down my face and back. Other than the sweating, I was able to move right along without difficulty. At one point, I thought I may break out in a run but I quickly dismissed that thought. In all seriousness, I didn't have any shin splints, hip or back pain. Nothing.
So as I got bored with the book my mind started to wander and my sister started texting me...the last thing I sent her "Right now I'm grunting, I hate it! I'M NOT STOPPING I'm over halfway. HAIRBALL ON PANDORA ROCK IT OUT SISTER!"
I finished with a nice 5 minute cool down and 24 ounces of water and am in dire hopes that I will still be able to walk tonight at work. Afterward, I wasn't all that tired wither, mostly just bored. Maybe there is hope for me after all!
Good job Shannon! sometimes it is as simple as the little red engine "I think I can, I think I can". Running is so much more a mental activity than a physical one. Keep up the good work!! Lucky 7 here we come!!
ReplyDelete