When you look good you feel good, right? Yesterday I indulged and bought some proper running gear that fits well and looks good. I am wearing my Merrell running shoes that I bought for $4.99 last fall. It feels like I am running barefoot; I absolutely love them.
I didn't like the Double Run C25K app I was using so I went back to old faithful today. I was more comfortable running with that and had better results. Today I am whipped. I completed the whole series run/walk at the appropriate times. I am so happy for that!! My body is a machine and capable of it with the proper training. I really focused on breathing today (I hope that some day I can run without panting) and remaining injury free...hitting with with heels first to prevent shin splints (I've been doing some research).
Today I continued with the 18 minute 30 second mile pace. That puts my 7K time at approx 78 minutes. When I registered, I provided I'd be complete in 60 minutes....do the math. I have to cut a whole mile off of that time or approx 2 minutes per week. When ever anyone has told me I can't do something, I have always put my head down, horns forward and forged ahead. Steer clear.
With this training, I have now piqued Gabbriele's interest in exercise. When she left for school this morning, she said "remember mama we have to run when I get home"...since I have already completed my run, we will get some other form of exercise in to benefit my training and keep her interested.
No comments:
Post a Comment