Wednesday, January 11, 2012

2012 New year, new me...we'll see

Holy crap, what have I done?!? Yesterday, my mind thought I was a well equipped machine and I signed up for not one, not two but 3 races this year! I haven't even been running for 2 years! What was I thinking. The icing on the cake is the first one is in 10 WEEKS, 10 weeks AND it is a 7K. Talk about get the ass off the couch and get motivated. YIKES!!!!!!!

First race; March 17th Lucky 7K with my Sassy Lassy
Enough talking and time to get doing....I started week 1 day 1 of C25K this morning, 3am. I did a mile in 18 minutes 30 seconds...this was primarily walking briskly on the treadmill at the slightest incline. My walk was faster than my run, I am pathetic at this point. My heart rate was 180 bpm and I was a hot mess when I finished. I am hoping to look back at this and laugh when I complete the program. Water and PB w J provided a sufficient snack post workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment