So it begins...our schedules finally aligned so that my dad and I could get on the workout train. He purchased P90X sometime ago on a whim from some infomercial and there it sat collecting dust. We all know what we need to do to eat healthy and live right but sometimes life isn't accomodating to that way of life.
I believe in the power of positive thinking as in "yes, I'm positive I want to eat the whole pan of brownies" or "yes, it is ok to have a 4th slice of pizza". No, really I do believe in it; I just don't practice it near enough. Well I am positive that I am going to give this P90X a try. Prior to starting I printed several beach photos and pics of people in bathing suits, I also printed some small pics of my head to paste on the people wearing bathing suits. I have been reading daily affirmations on how I am worthy of losing weight and how I deserve to look and feel great, etc. When I find just the right ones they, along with the photos and a bikini (in a desired size) will be hung on the wall as a daily reminder to do my workouts and stick with it even when it gets tough. I AM WORTH IT!
OK so day 1, core synergistics, wasn't as bad as I had expected. I kept it lower key in hopes to be able to walk in the morning. I was impressed we were able to complete all 57 minutes of the workout, with modifications of course. I can say I hate to sweat and by the end of the workout I was a puddle from head to toe-GROSS! I had fun working out with my dad and I'm not sure I can say the same for him as he was making wise cracks to the "host" the entire time. Adding humor makes the workout a bit more tolerable and able to push a little harder.
Dad and I are not able to workout together for Day 2, Cardio X but I recruited my sister to be dad's coach for the day. He told our mom that his daughters are trying to do him in. We just want to be healthy and have them both around for many years to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment